Campaign of the Month: October 2017
Blood and Bourbon
Adelais Seyrès (Retired)
Golden apple with a hollow core
“The ‘woman’ is a monster that would fit in well in a period piece circa an 1860 plantation alongside her blustering and equally cruel paramour. They’re brutality hiding behind civility, lead under a coat of paint, and poison covered up by too much sugar in the sweet tea. She loves to lord over others, loves to stand aloof. But I’m not sure what exactly she stands for, except an ideal that even I can admit died about a hundred years ago for most of the world: master and slave.”
“Adelais Seyrès is lovely enough, having been Embraced in the full bloom of youth with a clinical perfection I always admired by her (then-)gifted sire. Combined with her razor-sharp mind and equally dangerous tongue, she could have accomplished a great deal in her Requiem had she been so inclined. Instead she chose an existence of mediocrity and spends the bulk of her nights engaged in meaningless posturing in Elysium, climbing a ladder to nowhere in search of a social plateau.”
“Darling, don’t be mad. I don’t make the rules. I just read them to those too scared to play the game.”
Adelais prides herself on flawless presentation. To that end, she is rarely seen when she doesn’t want to be. She frequents Elysium in high fashions that favor structure and form over comfort and function. She is often seen in black, white, and gray which underlines her shrewd and pedantic persona. To those within her covenant, she is an astute, fastidious pillar of the First Estate. To those without, she is an aloof, over-scrupulous testament to the convolution the Unconquered revere. To her, she is both. Some dismiss her jaded air simply as a reflection of her sire’s malaise but others whisper something more sinister festers within her that even keeps Pearl at a dubious distance.
Name: Adelais Seyrès
Date of Birth: 1853 (France)
Date of Embrace: 1874 (Gulf of Mexico)
Apparent Age: 21
Real Age: 162
Weight: 138 lbs
Eye Color: Clear Gray
Hair Color: Brown
• Unknown sire
• Pearl Chastain (e. centuries ago)
• Possible Old World childer
• Accou Poincaré (e. mid 18th century)
• The Santiago brood (e. early 19th century)
• The Lafayette brood (e. mid 19th century)
• Marguerite Defallier (e. late 19th century)
• Abraham “Bram” Garcia (e. mid 20th century)
• Maxzille “Max” “Zilly” “Zillah” Babinfeaux (e. mid 20th century)
Anne Sommers (e. late 20th century, d. 2005)
• David Hansen (e. early 21st century)
• Aniyah Bailey (e. early 21st century)
• Veronica Alsten-Pirrie (e. early 20th century)
• Amaryllis DeCuir (e. early 21st century)
Bruno Courtet (e. late 18th century, d. 1922)
• Katherine Beaumont (e. early 20th century)
Pablo Gallegro (e. early 20th century, d. late 20th century)
Rayisa Kostenko (e. late 20th century, d. 2005)
Barthélemy Lafon (e. early 19th century, d. 2005)
• Pietro Silvestri (e. early 20th century)
• Adelais Seyrès (e. late 19th century)
• Childe of Pearl Chastain (e. centuries ago) Adelais’ sire is the matriarch and senior primogen for her clan in New Orleans, the regent of the Lower Garden District, and the eldest member of the Prima Invicta, the Invictus’ governing council.
• Further lineage unknown. Pearl Chastain has not publicly spoken of her sire.
• Accou Poincaré (e. mid 18th century) Adelais’ eldest brother-in-blood is the former prince of Santiago, the former regent of the Lower Garden District during their sire’s torpor, the younger of their clan’s two primogen, and the third-eldest of the Prima Invicta.
Bruno Courtet (e. late 18th century, d. early 20th century) Adeais’ next eldest brother-in-blood was a poseur of limited artistic talents. He served as myrmidon to their sire and elder broodmate before being destroyed by the vampire hunter Nathaniel Bordruff in the 1920s.
Barthélemy Lafon (e. early 19th century, d. 2005) The second youngest of Pearl Chastain’s brood was a notable Creole architect and associate of Jean Lafitte’s’ who designed much of the Garden District. He was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina.
• None known. Adelais has never expressed any desire to Embrace.